This Guided Journey was recorded on the evening of September 27, 2015
as the Full Moon rose in the sky and a Lunar Eclipse began.
Use this Guided Meditation to relax and open to the heart of Mother Earth.
Look up tonight. The sky will be dark and the stars should be especially bright. This is new moon time.
Our ancestors who lived closer to the earth and in synchrony with the moon and sun cycles, liked to hold healing rituals during this potent new moon time. It is the perfect to time to release and let go of what no longer serves you.
Forgive and Let Go
“We are all like the bright moon, we still have our darker side.”
The dark phase of the moon is the perfect time to let go of inner darkness and make space for more light and love. Many times we hang onto dark events in our past because we cannot forgive another person. Or we cannot forgive ourselves. When it comes to forgiveness, ritual can be a great help to us. Ritual can help us amplify our intentions. Ritual can put a little extra power into our prayers.
When most people think of rituals, they picture an elaborate high Mass at church, or long drawn out funeral. But ritual does not need to be elaborate to be meaningful. Listed below is a simple ritual to help you forgive and let go.
10 Minute Forgiveness Ritual
- Create a list of 3-6 things you want to forgive and release.
- Light a candle.
- Offer up a short prayer; ask Spirit to help you forgive and let go.
- Breathe slowly and deeply.
- As you breathe, offer yourself love despite some mistake that haunts you.
- Then offer that same love to others who hurt you as well.
- If tears come, allow yourself to cry and release.
- Burn your list.
- Dance to release even more; put on a favorite song and move. Dance and shake!
- Think of one intention you want to hold for the months ahead.
- State your intention aloud.
- As you blow out the candle, thank Spirit for helping you forgive and move on.
In this potent new moon time, let’s choose to consciously let go of past troubles and mistakes. Let’s “lighten up” so we can move joyfully out into the world, radiating our beautiful inner light.